Thursday, September 27, 2012

What’s your favorite cruise ship drink?


One of the questions I ask on Twitter is,  “What’s your favorite specialty cruise drink?” Cruise ships are very creative in their drink concoctions, and it’s always fun to see what others like. 

People reply back to me and ask me what my favorite drink is on a ship. Actually, I don’t have one.  Call it boring or being healthy, but I stick to water with lemon.  However, if cruise ships made the following drink, it would be my all-time favorite.

It’s a twist on Dr. Oz’s Tangerine Weight-Orade http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/diets-every-decade.

Dr. Oz’s site says, “Green tea, shown to boost metabolism 12% by drinking just one cup; tangerine, with a chemical composition that increases sensitivity to insulin and stimulates genes that help to burn fat; and mint, a calorie-free flavor enhancer. Drink 1 pitcher daily for maximum metabolism-boosting results.”

I’m always looking for easy recipes that I can make in my own kitchen.  Well this was quite easy and full of flavor.

In a large pitcher (I used my Pampered Chef, Quick Stir pitcher.) combine:

·       4 cups brewed lemongrass tea
·       4 cups brewed green tea (I used green tea Matcha Powder)
·       1 tangerine, sliced
·       A handful of mint leaves

Stir and let flavors fuse overnight. The next day, enjoy!

This is a delicious, refreshing, all-natural tea.  I didn’t even need to use any sweetener.

If a cruise ship served this, it would be my favorite specialty drink. 

Now, I need a creative name for this drink for my Pinterest post.  Any suggestions?


Create memories not regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment